Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Natural Language in TITLE tags


Is it useful to use natural language in TITLE tags or the bullet point method for scanning purposes?



I started this post over at SearchEngineWatch, here is brief comment and the link if you would like to follow:
I guess this answer to this is purely based on the context of its use and the constraints of a client's site. In many cases I believe that centering one page around a keyword is strategic, but there are many cases where a client's page focuses on so many items, which is necessary to support the end goal, that the bullet point method for scanning can be useful as well.
I am very interested in search behavior and intent that guiding it to a conversion can be done via different methods.

I guess I'm trying to expand upon the simplicity of just saying, well use natural language in your TITLE and based the whole page on one keyphrase. Well okay, I agree with that depending on the goal it supports, but is this the only method? I've had a lot of success optimizing pages for 3-4 keywords that result in conversions.

Maybe its the behavior of the SEM, how aggressive will you go to achieve conversion? Is it this grey area...

Natural Language in TITLE tag

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments here.