With a hot topic like content marketing, I tried an experiment and searched Google News for that keyword. So what did I find? Some interesting, relevant pieces of news and some not so. I took the liberty of aggregating some of those content marketing news items below:
- Sequoia pours $24 million into Percolate - Percolate is a social media workflow software startup that is powering content marketing for brands like Hyatt, Mastercard and Ford.
- Jim Joseph's Entrepreneur.com series on Content Marketing Like Big Brands - Jim offer sage advice to the SMB market on how to create content that breaks through the clutter and noise.
- MarketingProfs helps you choose sides in the content marketing war over Quality vs Quantity - If you don't want to sacrifice quality to get content out the door each or you think frequency is better; this post should help you find your way.
- Don't be a Content Marketing One-Hit-Wonder from StatupSmart - Are you resting your laurels on that one piece of content? Have you hit a writing or creative rut? The team over at StartupSmart is here to un-logjam your content marketing pile up.
- Avoid Content Marketing Fatigue with B2C - Whether you're in a rut like above or you just can't stomach another piece of content, here are some tips from the generous folks over at B2C.
- 13 Content Marketing Lessons from Your Mother - Arienne Holland and SearchEngineLand take you through 13 things that your Mother most likely said and how those related to the wonderful world of content marketing.
- 8 Lessons from Improv for Content Marketeers (for my European readers) - Maybe you do Improv, Comedy or Acting as a hobby. Well here are some content marketing how-to's from the folks over at SearchEngineWatch.
Everyone does Top 10 lists, but some times; there just isn't enough quality content out there right? If you really need 3 more gold nuggets, here they are:
- Content is more than just articles, blog posts and infographics; inspiration can be found across many mediums and with the pace of digital these days, you have the opportunity to package it up however you'd like - just keep your audience in mind.
- Content Marketing should never be about Marketing - Build pieces of content that actually provide value to someone. Step 1 - Do the Work, Step 2 - Present is Clearly, and Step 3 - Ask people what they think. (Yes inspiration comes from your audience's feedback, POV, ideas, suggestions, etc. Disclaimer: I was previously the CMO for SuggestionBox.com, so I put some value in what customers have to say.)
- GOOB(FI) - This is a classic startup acronym - "Get Out Of Building" mixed with "For Inspiration." Kind of Improv-like right? Get away from your desk, iPhones, TVs, Wiis - get outside and experience the world, because that's where all of the other humans are.
Have an awesome Friday!