Monday, November 08, 2010

Got any Klout?



I seem to have some. At least that's what this web service seems to think based on some interesting factors like my "influence style." How do they determine this you might wonder?

(taken right from the source)


  • The Klout Score is the measurement of your overall online influence. The scores range from 1-100 with higher scores representing a wider and stronger sphere of influence.
  • The Klout Score is a factor of over 35 variables broken into three categories; True Reach, Amplification Score and Network Score.
  • True Reach is the size of your engaged audience and is based on the followers and friends who actively listen and react to your messages. Amplification Score is the likelihood that your messages will generate actions (retweets, @messages, likes and comments) and is on a scale of 1 to 100. Network score indicates how influential your engaged audience is, also on a scale of 1 to 100. The Klout score is highly correlated to clicks, comments and retweets.
So based on that, Klout says the following things about me as an "influencer."
  • Style - BJ Cook is a Celebrity. You can't get any more influential than this. People hang on your every word, and share your content like no other. You're probably famous in real life and your fans simply can't get enough.
  • Overall Online Influence - 22 (out of 100 that seems way low to be considered a Celebrity, right?)
  • True Reach - 788 ( Guessing I most likely will reach 788 people when I post something.)
  • Amplification - 17 (out of 100 seems low)
  • Network - 35 (overall influence of people I'm connected to. So I know lots of influential people, but I'm not as high as them.)
What I see in the trends is the following:
  • There is a lot of correlation to being "active." When I'm active my Klout score goes up.
  • As more people come on these networks, the noise increases. I used to have a Klout as high as 63 in February 2009 and as low as 22 in July 2010.
  • My true reach was 3,500 in June 2009 and has dropped a lot.
  • On average my tweets tend to get about a 10% RT or response rate. (Some Bit.ly tracking I do.)
I want to hear your thoughts on this Klout service.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments here.