Friday, September 02, 2005

Red Cross: Hurricane Katrina

So this is a post to tell everyone to go to the Red Cross site and donate either your time or money to aid in this relief effort. I've got friends down there and I'm still trying to get in touch with them. I've also got a friend who just opened a restaurant 2 weeks ago and it's gone I hear. They are safe in Atlanta now, but this is a complete travesty.

Since this is not an official relief site, I am going to acknowledge some interesting search term research:

From Wordtracker: red cross, american red cross, red cross supplies are getting a ton of clicks. And "hurricance katrina" is receiving over 3,000 queries a day. It's good to see so many people using the internet as a tool to not only stay up-to-date on loved ones they may have, but for people I'm sure who are using search to get to sites to donate time or money. That's the American way and it really says a lot about this generation, wired and on-the-go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments here.